Player of the Week
Joe Wieskamp, Iowa
G/F – Jr. – 6-6 – Muscatine, Iowa – Muscatine (Iowa) – Major: Business
- Averaged 23.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game in wins over then-ranked No. 25/RV Rutgers and Michigan State. Made 10-of-14 three-pointers on the week (.714 pct.), going 5-for-7 (.714 pct.) from behind the arc in both games. Overall, shot 16-for-27 from the field (.590 pct.) and 5-for-6 from the free throw line (.830 pct.). Added four assists, two steals and one blocked shot in Iowa’s two games.
- Against Rutgers, led the Hawkeyes with a season-high 26 points and tied for the team lead with 10 rebounds (all defensive), marking his third double-double of the season. Shot 9-for-14 from the field (.643 pct.), including 5-for-7 from three-point range.
- Once again led the Hawkeyes with 21 points in Iowa’s win at Michigan State. In addition to scoring 21 points, grabbed seven rebounds, dished out three assists, blocked a shot and recorded a steal in the win. For a second consecutive game, hit a season-high five shots from behind the three-point arc.
- Following the two wins, Wieskamp is now tied for ninth all-time in Iowa history in career three-pointers made (161) and will pass Dean Oliver (1998-2001) for sole possession of ninth place with one more three-point FG.
- Earns the first Player of the Week accolade of his career; was also a two-time Freshman of the Week honoree in 2018-19.
- Last Iowa Player of the Week: Jordan Bohannon (Jan. 11, 2021)
Freshman of the Week
Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
C – 7-1 – Alexandria, Va. – DeMatha Catholic (Md.) – Major: Undecided
- Recorded his fourth double-double of the season with 11 points and career-high-tying 15 rebounds to help Michigan defeat then-ranked No. 21/No. 21 Wisconsin 67-59. Also set a new career high with five blocked shots in the win.
- Became the first Wolverine to post 10-plus points, 15-plus rebounds and five-plus blocks in a game since 2004. The last Michigan player to accomplish the feat was Courtney Sims vs. Purdue (11 points, 15 rebounds and five blocks on 2/7/04).
- After trailing 42-29 early in the second half, helped Michigan complete its comeback by grabbing an offensive rebound and dishing an assist to teammate Isaiah Livers who hit a three-point shot to take a 59-57 lead with 2:56 remaining the game.
- Earns the sixth Freshman of the Week accolade of his career.
- Last Michigan Freshman of the Week: Hunter Dickinson (Jan. 11, 2021)