GAME 20: Butler (7-12, 6-10 BIG EAST) at rv/rv Xavier (11-4, 4-4 BIG EAST)
Sunday, Feb. 21; 7PM
Cintas Center; Cincinnati, Ohio
TV: FS1 – Eric Collins & Dickey Simpkins
Radio: 107.5FM/93.5FM/1070AM – @MarkMinner & Nick Gardner (@n_gardner)
TuneIn Radio App, XM 384, SiriusXM Internet 974
@ButlerMBB | #ButlerWay | ButlerSports.com
The Bulldogs will load up the bus and travel to Cincinnati for a Sunday tip against Xavier.
Full notes attached as a PDF.
• The Jan. 30 match-up between Butler and Xavier was Bo Hodges’ first game in a Bulldog uniform; he had 11 points and six rebounds.
• Chuck Harris led the Bulldogs with 21 points Wednesday against Marquette, his third 20-point game of his freshman season.
• Harris now leads the team in scoring at 11.3 points per game.
• Butler is +13 in second-half scoring, while opponents have out-scored the Bulldogs by 108 in the first half this season.
• Butler has committed single-digit turnovers in seven games this season.
• Averaging only 11.4 turnovers per game, Butler is 43rd nationally.
• Eight different Bulldogs have led the team in scoring this season; five different Bulldogs have posted 20-point games.
• Christian David got the first start of his Butler career Wednesday against Marquette in place of the injured Bryce Nze.
• Nze is fourth in the BIG EAST at 7.7 rebounds per game.
• Harris is eighth in the BIG EAST with a 41.7 three-point percentage.
• Jair Bolden is fifth in the BIG EAST at 2.6 three-pointers per game.
• Aaron Thompson has posted double-digit assists in two of his last three games.
• Bryce Golden had 18 points Wednesday vs. Marquette, one shy of his career-high posted Jan. 26 at UConn.
• Nze went over 1,000 career points in the Feb. 2 game at Marquette; Bolden currently stands at 986 career points.
• Butler had a season-high 19 assists on 23 made field goals in Saturday’s loss at Georgetown.
• Butler forced Georgetown into 23 turnovers, a season-high for a Bulldog opponent; Butler had a season-high 12 steals.
• Butler’s 76-73 overtime win over St. John’s Feb. 9 included overcoming a 16-point deficit.
• The Bulldogs had a season-best 46 points in the paint vs. St. John’s.
• Butler is allowing only 67.9 points per game in conference play, which is second in the BIG EAST.
• Freshmen have scored 34 percent of Butler’s points so far this season.
THE SERIES: Xavier Leads, 42-23
Streak: Xavier, W1
At Xavier: Xavier Leads, 23-5
LaVall Jordan (at BU) vs. Xavier: 3-4
First Meeting: Xavier, 28-26; 1/16/37 (at XU)
Last Meeting: Butler, 68-55; 1/30/21 (at Hinkle)