Tournament: NCAA Regional East Lansing
Location: East Lansing, Michigan
Course: Forest Akers West Golf Course
Indiana team standing: T5th/18 teams – 592 (293-299; +16)
Top Indiana individual: T13th – Kari Bellville 145 (293-299; +1)
Online Scoring: Golfstat.com
“Today I was trying not to get frustrated when the putts were not going in. But at the same time, I had a lot of good shots into the green. So I wanted to make sure I did not put any added pressure on myself because I knew it was a tough day with the weather and wet course.” – Sophomore Priscilla Schmid following her second round 74 (+2).
- Indiana is making its 23rd appearance in the NCAA postseason in school history and the sixth team appearance in head coach Clint Wallman’s tenure.
- The top 6 teams following the completion of the third round on Wednesday will advance to the NCAA Championship at the University of Arkansas on May 17-22. Also, the top individual golfer that is not on an advancing team will qualify for the NCAA Championships.
- The Hoosiers opened the NCAA East Lansing Regional with a team score of 293 (+5) to tie for fourth place with Michigan State. Kent State is the top team after round one, posting a score of 282 while Arizona is second at 290 and Illinois checked in with 292.
- Indiana is the highest seed (14) currently inside the top 6 teams, with the next highest being No. 7 seed Illinois.
- Graduate transfer Kari Bellville posted a 3-over par 75 in her second round and is now tied for 13th place entering the final round. She played the more difficult front nine in 4-over par and then rallied to play the back in 1-under with birdies on 11 and 17.
- Sophomore Priscilla Schmid had the best round of the day for IU on Tuesday, using three birdies and five bogeys to shoot 74 and move up into a tie for 19th place at 3-over par for the tournament.
- Senior Erin Harper carded a 75 in her second round and is tied for 29th place individually at 4-over par for the tournament. She was 4-over par on her second round through 11 holes, but played the final eight holes in 1-under.
- Freshman Alexis Miestowski also carded a 75 in round two and is tied for 46th at 8-over par overall. She played the front nine in 4-over par but was 1-under on the back nine including back-to-back birdies on 11 and 12.
- Sophomore Mary Parsons posted a 76 in round two and is tied for 63rd at 10-over par heading into the final round. She was 3-over par on the front and then 1-over on the back nine in round two.
BY THE NUMBERS
Pos. Name R1 R2 Total (To Par)
T13 Kari Bellville 70 75 145 (+1)
T19 Priscilla Schmid 73 74 147 (+3)
T29 Erin Harper 73 75 148 (+4)
T46 Alexis Miestowski 77 75 152 (+8)
T63 Mary Parsons 78 76 154 (+10)
TOP 10 TEAM STANDINGS THROUGH 36 HOLES
1 Kent State (3) -3
2 Arizona (2) -2
3 UCLA (4) +5
4 Stanford (1) +12
T5 Indiana (14) +16
T5 Illinois (7) +16
T7 LSU (13) +19
T7 Baylor (8) +19
9 Michigan State (5) +20
10 Augusta (12) +23
Regional seed in parentheses
- Indiana will be paired with Stanford and Illinois for Wednesday’s final round. The first tee time is 9:09 a.m. of No. 1.