INDIANAPOLIS (October 6, 2018) - Indy Eleven played its final regular season home
match of 2018 to a 1-1 draw against Eastern Conference contenders Bethlehem Steel
FC. Indy Eleven forward Eugene Starikov scored the equalizer in the 61^st minute to
save a point in front of a crowd of 14,894.

Steel FC controlled the tempo in the first half and kept the “Boys in Blue” pinned
in their defensive half. Indy goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams recorded a key save in
the 16^th minute, as he deflected Steel FC forward Faris Moumbagna’s shot from near
the penalty spot.

A turnover in the midfield resulted in a quick Bethlehem counter in the final
moments of first-half play. Steel FC midfielder Brenden Aaronson played a pass down
Indy’s left flank that free Moumbagna. Indy defender Carlyle Mitchell was in pursuit
of the streaking forward, but Moumbagna broke away from the Trinidadian to net the
first goal of the match. Fon Williams was nearly able to save the attempt, but was
unable to as Steel FC took a 1-0 lead in the 39^th minute.

The second half script flipped for the home side. “Indiana’s Team” played much of
the second half in the Steel FC side of the pitch. As a result, “Indiana’s Team”
created 10 shots compared to Bethlehem’s two in the final 45 minutes.

Indy’s persistence paid off when forward Eugene Starikov leveled the game in the
60^th minute. Eleven defender Ayoze played a nearly 60-yard through ball that
created the shot for Starikov. The 29-year-old forward chipped the ball off the
bounce over the head of Steel FC goalkeeper Tomas Romero from the right side of the
18-yard box. The high, arching shot brings Starikov’s goal total to six in his first
season with “Indiana’s Team”.

Fon Williams recorded another crucial save in the 83^rd minute of the match.
Bethlehem substitute Chris Nanco tore down the right flank and into Indy’s 18-yard
box before unleashing a powerful, one-verse-one shot that Fon Williams parried wide
for a corner. At full-time, the Welshman finished his shift with three saves total.

Late heroics from Indy forward Jack McInerney and midfielder Dylan Mares nearly won
the “Boys in Blue” the match in the 86^th minute. A throw-in from defender Reiner
Ferreira found McInerney on the inside Bethlehem’s 18-yard box. McInerney attempted
to bicycle kick Ferreira’s throw, but the shot was deflected to Mares at the edge of
the box. Mares continued the acrobatics with a scissor kick attempt that flew inches
over the bar as the score stayed level at one for the remainder of the match.

Point accumulation was crucial as Indy Eleven head coach Martin Rennie’s side
continues to fight for a playoff position.

“That’s a really good point against a team that played very well tonight. Very
dynamic, very hungry, they pressed very well,” Rennie said. “Obviously, you always
want to win the game and this is one that would’ve guaranteed us into the playoffs
with a win. With the results, the other results going the way they are, were very
close at this point. I’m sure we’ll get in there.”

“Indiana’s Team” continues its “Fight to the Finish” to secure a playoff spot on the
road against Louisville City FC on Saturday, October 13, at 7:30 p.m. Catch the
final match of the 2018 regular season on MyWNDY 23 or on ESPN+. New users can sign
up for a seven-day free trial at