NFL PREVIEW: BALTIMORE RAVENS (1-0) AT HOUSTON TEXANS (0-1)
WEEK 2 // SUNDAY, SEPT. 20, 2020 // 4:25 PM ET // NRG STADIUM // REFEREE: TONY CORRENTE
REGULAR SEASON HISTORY:
LEADER: Ravens lead all-time series, 8-2
STREAKS: Ravens have won 3 of past 4
LAST GAME: 11/17/19: Texans 7 at Ravens 41
LAST GAME AT SITE: 12/21/14: Texans 25, Ravens 13
QB LAMAR JACKSON completed 20 of 25 passes (80 pct.) for 275 yards & 3 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 152.1 rating & rushed for 45 yards last week, his 3rd-career game with 3+ TD passes & 150+ rating (min. 10 attempts), most by QB in 1st 3 seasons in NFL history. Passed for 4 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 139.2 rating in last meeting. Had 23 TDs (20 pass, 3 rush) vs. 4 INTs for 115 rating in 8 road games last season. • RB MARK INGRAM had 2 TD catches in last meeting & has TD in 2 of 3 career games vs. Hou. Has 523 scrimmage yards (104.6 per game) & 3 TDs in his past 5 vs. AFC South. Rookie RB J.K. DOBBINS (rookie) rushed for 2 TDs last week, most by player in NFL debut in franchise history. RB GUS EDWARDS rushed for 112 yards & TD in last meeting. • WR MARQUISE BROWN had 5 catches for team-high 101 yards last week, his 2nd-career game with 100+ rec. yards. Had 6 rec. TDs in 7 road games last season. WR WILLIE SNEAD had 4 catches for 64 yards & TD last week. TE MARK ANDREWS had 5 catches for 58 yards & 2 TDs last week, his 3rd game with 2+ rec. TDs since 2019, tied-most in NFL. Had 4 catches for 75 yards & TD in last meeting. • DE CALAIS CAMPBELL has sack in 2 of his past 3 vs. Hou. DT MATTHEW JUDON had 2 sacks & FF in last meeting. Rookie LB PATRICK QUEEN led team with 8 tackles & had sack & FF in NFL debut last week. LB L.J. FORT had 6 tackles & 1st-career FF last week. CB MARLON HUMPHREY had INT last week.
QB DESHAUN WATSON completed 20 of 32 passes (62.5 pct.) for 253 yards & TD vs. INT & rushed for TD last week. Is 1 of 3 QBs (JOSH ALLEN & DAK PRESCOTT) with 15+ rush TDs (15) since 2017. Has 100+ rating in 2 of his past 3 vs. AFC North. Had 18 TDs (14 pass, 4 rush) vs. 3 INTs for 103.3 rating in 7 home games last season. • RB DAVID JOHNSON had 109 scrimmage yards (77 rush, 32 rec.) & rush TD in Hou. debut last week. Had rush TD in his last game vs. Bal. (9/15/19 with Az.). RB DUKE JOHNSON has TD in 2 of his past 3 at home. Since 2015, ranks 2nd among RBs in rec. yards (2,580) & 3rd in catches (279). • WR WILL FULLER led team with 8 catches for 112 yards last week, his 9th-career game with 100+ rec. yards. WR RANDALL COBB has 24 catches (4.8 per game) in 5 career games vs. AFC North. WR KENNY STILLS aims for his 3rd in row vs. Bal. with 4+ catches. TE JORDAN AKINS had 19-yard TD catch last week. TE DARREN FELLS had 5 rec. TDs in 8 home games last season. • DE J.J. WATT aims for his 3rd in row vs. Bal. with sack. Has 96 career sacks, tied 2nd-most since 2011. LB WHITNEY MERCILUS aims for his 3rd in row at home vs. Bal. with FF. Had 5 TFL, 3 sacks & 3 FFs in 8 home games last season. LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM led team with 8 tackles last week. Has 6 PD & INT-TD in 3 career home games vs. AFC North. Led team with 10 tackles in last meeting. LB JACOB MARTIN had sack last week. Aims for his 4th in row at home with sack. CB GAREON CONLEY has 3 PD in 2 career games vs. Bal.
- The Ravens are 9-2 all-time against the Texans including the postseason, tied for their best record against any opponent (also Jets).
- The Ravens have gone 12 straight regular-season games without trailing in the second half, the longest streak by any NFL team since the Bears had a 12-game streak from 1933-34. The last team to have a streak longer than 12 games was the Packers from 1929-30 (18).
- Lamar Jackson has 45 touchdown passes and nine interceptions in his career, making him the only player in NFL history to reach 40 career TD passes before he threw his 10th career pick.
- Deshaun Watson needs 31 passing yards on Sunday to become the first player in NFL history to reach 10,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards in his first 40 career games.
- Including postseason, the Texans are 9-0 in their last nine games following a loss within that same season. Six of those nine wins have come by three points or fewer.
- The Texans are allowing an NFL-high 168.3 rushing yards per game since Week 11 of last season.
ON THE AIRWAVES TV: CBS (4:25 PM ET): Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins (field reporter) SIRIUS: 119 (Bal), 82 (Hou) | XM: 382 (Bal), 227 (Hou)