INDIANAPOLIS (July 4, 2018) - Indy Eleven's undefeated streak is halted at five
after falling to Ottawa Fury FC, 0-1. A critical error saw Ottawa pick up its fourth
win on the season.

“We had a lot of chances, a lot of possession, a lot of balls in the box, but we
couldn’t manage to score,” said Indy Eleven head coach Martin Rennie.
“Unfortunately, that’s the way soccer goes some time. You don’t always get what you
deserve, but credit to Ottawa. They came in and got what they wanted out of the game
and we have to improve.”

It was an aggressive start to the evening after three yellow cards were issued
between both teams within the first 30 minutes; Two to Ottawa and one to Indy. Fury
forward Chris Haworth was issued the first caution after a hard challenge on
defender Ayoze saw the Spaniard tumble out of bounds. The second was issued to
Ottawa forward Adonijah Reid and third to Eleven midfielder Juan Guerra for bad

The “Boys in Blue” found their first opportunity in the 17^th minute with a strike
outside the six-yard box from Ayoze. The angled shot flew towards center net, but
Fury goalkeeper Maxime Crepeau was far enough off his line for a close-quarters
deflection away from goal.

Aside from a close run at goal from Indy, the visitors found the lead 11 minutes
later. In the 28^th minute, Ottawa midfielder Kevin Oliveira stepped up to a free
kick from outside the 18-yard box. The ball flew high towards the far post before
taking a poor deflection off the outside of defender Carlyle Mitchell's left boot
and into the net for an own goal.

Indy forward Jack McInerney came looking for another equalizer to match his previous
from last Saturday against Penn FC. Ayoze fed a direct line near the left edge of
the pitch in towards forward Eugene Starikov. The ball popped up off the head of
Fury defender Thomas Meilleur, followed by Eleven midfielder Matt Watson before
McInerney found space for a bicycle kick. McInerney's foot made solid contact
outside the six-yard box towards goal, but Crepeau quickly threw his hands down or a
last-second save.

Ottawa nearly doubled their lead in the 66^th minute after a header from Fury
forward Tony Taylor that ended wide right. The shot was setup by Oliveira.

Two crosses from returning midfielder Tyler Pasher almost found their marks in the
final minutes of second half stoppage time, but a strong defensive effort from
Ottawa's backline nullified “Indiana's Team's” attack.

It was 'one of those night' for Coach Rennie and his squad. Though Indy didn't
manage to collect any points, the Circle City squad is on the cusp of finding its
ideal pace.

“I think that obviously we're right on the balance of what we want to do and being
not quite where we want to be,” said Rennie. “I think the last two games are
examples of that. It’s like we go to Nashville and get a great victory and we come
back and in two games we pick up one point. So that to me is the balance of how
close we are to being exactly where we want to be and exactly how close we are to
not being where we want to be.”

The “Boys in Blue” return home for the final of a three home game week this
Saturday, July 7 at 7:00 p.m., to take on the Charlotte Independence for the second
time in 2018. Fans can get tickets to weekend clash by visiting or by calling (317)685-1100.