Athletes of the Week:
Offensive Athlete of the Week:
Daniel Huery (Katy, Texas) Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology | Wide Receiver | Sophomore – Huery recorded career-highs of seven receptions, 173-yards and two touchdowns in Rose-Hulman’s 63-14 win over Defiance, despite only playing slightly over two quarters in the game.
Defensive Athlete of the Week:
Jalen Masden (Evansville, Ind.) Manchester University | Linebacker | Senior – Masden led a Manchester defense that limited Franklin to 72-yards rushing on Saturday. Masden racked up 14 total tackles – 11 of which were solo. He also assisted on a tackle-for-loss. The Spartans topped Franklin 27-24 in overtime, snapping a 10-game skid.
Special Teams Athlete of the Week:
Andrew Kibler (Cape Coral, Fla.) Manchester University | Kicker/Punter | Senior – Kibler provided some overtime heroics for Manchester as his career-long 49-yard FG snuck through the uprights sending Manchester to a thrilling 27-24 victory at Franklin College. Kibler added a 31-yard FG earlier in Saturday’s contest as well. Andrew also punted nine times for 356-yards, averaging 39.6 yards per punt. He placed three punts inside the 20-yard line as Manchester snapped a 10-game skid with the win.
- Ojata Jireh (Carmel, Ind.) Franklin College | Defensive End | Sophomore – Jireh had a career afternoon for the Grizzlies on Saturday against Manchester, notching seven tackles, 2.5 sacks and 3.5 tackles for loss with all three number setting career-highs.
- Shawn Coane (Evansville, Ind.) Hanover College | Running Back | Senior – Coane turned in a record setting day on Saturday as the Panthers defeated Anderson 49-0. The senior became the career rushing touchdown record holder with 43 as he tallied two touchdowns on 13 carries. He added 54 total yards on the ground while hauling in two receptions. He now holds the Hanover all-time record in career rushing yards, career rushing touchdowns, and rushing touchdowns in a season.
- Devonte Hardiman (Princeton, Ind.) Hanover College | Linebacker | Junior – Hardiman paced the Panthers defense on Saturday as they charted a 49-0 shutout of Anderson. The junior finished the contest with six total tackles, including three solo. He also added two tackles for loss and two sacks, which totaled 12-yards. Hardiman added a forced fumble and a QB hurry to complete the stat sheet.
- Blake Simpson (Allen, Texas) Hanover College | Kicker | Sophomore – Simpson helped lead the Panthers past Anderson on Saturday as he charted a perfect afternoon. The sophomore went 6-for-6 on PAT tries to propel HC to the 49-0 victory.
- Joseph Powell (Beach Park, Ill.) Manchester University | Wide Receiver | Senior – Powell caught four passes for a career-high 119-yards in Manchester’s 27-24 OT win at Franklin College on Saturday. Powell’s longest reception went for 62-yards and a touchdown.
- Kyle Farfsing (Harrison, Ohio) Mount St. Joseph University | Kicker | Junior – Farfsing had one extra point conversion and six kickoffs for 232-yards in the Lions Saturday win.
- Michael Stevens (Orland Park, Ill.) Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology | Linebacker | Senior – Stevens returned an interception 32-yards for a touchdown and had five total tackles in Rose-Hulman’s 63-14 win over Defiance. Stevens also had two tackles-for-loss and one sack in the victory as Rose-Hulman held the Yellow Jackets to just 180-yards of total offense.
- Jonathan Oliger (Mount Zion, Ill.) Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology | Kicker | First-Year – Oliver finished a perfect 4-4 on extra points and booted eight kickoffs for a 54.5 yard average per kick as part of Rose-Hulman’s 63-14 win over Defiance.