Athletes of the Week:
Offensive Athlete of the Week:
Andrew Dion (San Diego, Calif.) Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology | Quarterback | Senior – Dion’s 10th career 300-yard passing day was a key in Rose-Hulman’s 31-30 win over Trine. He finished 26-39 for 323-yards with one TD and one interception, and also rushed for a touchdown to lead the Fightin’ Engineers to a key road win.
Defensive Athlete of the Week:
Devonte Hardiman (Princeton, Ind.) Hanover College | Defensive Line | Junior – Hardiman was a key to the Panther success on Saturday as they defeated Adrian 21-14. The junior tallied 10 total tackles, including eight solo. He also was able to get to the Bulldog quarterback on three separate occasions, registering three sacks for a loss of 13 yards. Hardiman also added four tackles for loss for a combined 14-yard loss.
Special Teams Athlete of the Week:
Brett Tuttle (Jerseyville, Ill.) Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology | Kicker | Junior – Tuttle proved a huge difference in Rose-Hulman’s 31-30 win over Trine, booting a career-long 41-yard field goal and finishing a perfect 4-4 on extra points in a 1-point win over Trine. His 41-yard kick gave Rose-Hulman a 17-14 lead at the half and proved the point difference in the victory.
- Hayden Lee (Cedarville, Ohio) Anderson University | Defensive Line | Junior – Lee recovered a fumble and scored a defensive touchdown. After Lakeland did not recover its backwards pass from the 17, Lee managed to recover the ball for a touchdown before it went out of the end zone.
- Javonte Malone (Fort Wayne, Ind.) Anderson University | Defensive Back | First-Year – Malone recovered a block PAT and returned it for a defensive 2-point conversion. He also recorded five tackles on defense.
- Keith Holmes Jr. (Toledo, Ohio) Bluffton University | Defensive Line | Senior – Holmes stuffed the stat sheet with six tackles, four TFL’s for 27 yards, two sacks for 14 yards, a breakup, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in Bluffton’s 34-14 loss to St. Vincent on Saturday.
- Jarrett Gibson (Angola, Ind.) Franklin College | Wide Receiver | Junior – Gibson recorded his fourth career game with at least 100 receiving yards, catching nine balls for 124-yards and a pair of touchdowns in Franklin’s 36-29 win over Rhodes College on Saturday afternoon. He hauled in a season-long 57-yard touchdown for FC.
- Matthew Weimer (Georgetown, Ind.) Hanover College | Quarterback | Senior – Weimer helped lead a late Panther drive in the final minutes of the fourth quarter to propel HC past Adrian on Saturday 21-14. The senior charted 209 passing yard, including two touchdowns. He went 16-of-27 with his longest hook-up registering 33-yards. Weimer also added 33-yards on the ground.
- David Smith (Indianapolis, Ind.) Manchester University | Running Back | First-Year – Smith carried the ball nine times for 127-yards against Alma College on Saturday. Had touchdown runs of 76-yards and 11-yards. Averaged 14.1 yards per carry.
- Marvin Collins (Riviera Beach, Fla.) Manchester University | Defensive Line | Junior – Collins racked up 10 tackles (three solo, seven assisted) against Alma on Saturday. Collins added 2.0 sacks for a loss of 18 yards. He also forced a fumble which the Spartans recovered, blocked a PAT, broke up one pass, and had one QB hurry.
- Jaquan Walker (Johnson, Fla.) Manchester University | Corner Back | Sophomore – Walker got the Spartans on the scoreboard on Saturday night as he returned a blocked PAT 97-yards for a safety. Added a fumble recovery against the Scots as well.
- Tyler Smith (Spring, Texas) Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology | Defensive End | Junior – Smith recorded nine tackles, 2.5 TFLs, 0.5 sacks, two pass break up’sand one forced fumble from the defensive end position to key Rose-Hulman’s 31-30 win over Trine.