BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The No. 11 Indiana Hoosiers close out its final road swing of the regular season when it travels to No. 15 Ohio State on Saturday. Tipoff is set for 3 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network.
#11/11 INDIANA (15-4, 13-2 B1G) AT NO. 15/14 OHIO STATE (13-5, 9-5 B1G)
Saturday, February 27, 2021 • 3 p.m. ET
Schottenstein Center • Columbus, Ohio
ABOUT THE BUCKEYES
Ohio State is looking to end a three-game skid after falling in road games to Michigan and Penn State. They are led by sophomore guard Jacy Sheldon’s 17.1 points per game along with a double-double average from junior forward Dorka Juhasz with 15.3 points and 11.2 points per game. The Buckeyes are averaging 81.4 points per game this season, the third highest scoring offense in the Big Ten.
Ohio State leads 60-21
1/28/21 – L, 70-78 (Bloomington, IN)
- Indiana is looking to protect a six-game win streak on Saturday heading into Columbus. It is coming off a 77-49 win over Wisconsin to sweep the season series against the Badgers.
- Sophomore forward Mackenzie Holmes paced IU with 23 points while senior guards Ali Patberg and Nicole Cardaño-Hillary each added 14 points in the win.
- A win on Saturday would push the Hoosiers to another school record in Big Ten wins. They would surpass last season’s record-breaking mark of 13 conference wins, setting the record for the second-consecutive season.
- The two teams will meet for the second time this season as the Buckeyes took the first meeting in Bloomington on Jan. 26. Indiana was led by 26 points from Holmes in the loss, its most recent loss of the season. The Hoosiers have gone on to win six-straight.
- Holmes and Patberg have made their mark on the IU record books this season in single game and career records. Holmes has tallied up 55 blocks this season, which ties her for sixth in a single season. Her 82 career blocks also put her in to the top 10 of all-time blocks at IU, tying Alexis Gassion for 9th place all-time. Patberg’s 1,248 career points ranks 18th all-time and her 383 career assists ranks fifth all-time.
Indiana closes out the regular season at home with two games starting on Wednesday, March 3 against Iowa. Tipoff is set at 4:30 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network.