OFFENSE: QB MATTHEW STAFFORD, LOS ANGELES RAMS
- In their win over Tampa Bay, Stafford completed 27 of 38 pass attempts (71.1 percent) for 343 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions for a 134.0 rating to help the Rams remain unbeaten.
- This is Stafford’s third Offensive Player of the Week award and second this season. He is the first player to earn the honor multiple times in 2021.
- 2009: Week 11
- 2021: Weeks 1, 3
- Stafford joins Pro Football Hall of Famer Kurt Warner (twice in 2001) as the only Rams quarterbacks to win the award multiple times within a single season.
DEFENSE: CB BYRON MURPHY, ARIZONA CARDINALS
- In Arizona’s 31-19 comeback victory against Jacksonville, Murphy recorded four tackles and two interceptions, including a 29-yard interception-return for a touchdown to give the Cardinals the lead late in the third quarter.
- This is the first Defensive Player of the Week award for Murphy.
- Murphy is the first Cardinals defensive back to earn the honor since Budda Baker (Week 6, 2020), who also attended the University of Washington.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K MASON CROSBY, GREEN BAY PACKERS
- Crosby converted all three of his field goal attempts (54 yards, 38 yards and a game-winning 51-yard field goal as time expired) in Green Bay’s dramatic Sunday Night Football victory in San Francisco.
- This is the eighth-career Special Teams Player of the Week award for Crosby:
- 2007: Week 1
- 2010: Week 1
- 2011: Weeks 5, 7
- 2013: Week 5
- 2015: Week 11
- 2018: Week 6
- 2021: Week 3
- Crosby becomes the third player to win at least eight Player of the Week awards with Green Bay, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Brett Favre (12-time winner) and Aaron Rodgers (18-time winner).
Quarterback JOSH ALLEN of the Buffalo Bills, defensive end MYLES GARRETT of the Cleveland Browns and kicker JUSTIN TUCKER of the Baltimore Ravens are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 3 (September 23, 26-27).
OFFENSE: QB JOSH ALLEN, BUFFALO BILLS
- Allen completed 32 of 43 pass attempts (74.4 percent) for 358 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions for a 129.8 rating and added a rushing touchdown in Buffalo’s 43-21 victory over Washington.
- This is the seventh-career Offensive Player of the Week award for Allen:
- 2018: Week 17
- 2019: Week 11
- 2020: Weeks 2, 9, 13, 15
- 2021: Week 3
- Allen trails only Pro Football Hall of Famer Jim Kelly (10-time winner) for the most Offensive Player of the Week awards by a Buffalo quarterback.
- He joins Patrick Mahomes and Derrick Henry as the only players to win a Player of the Week in each of the past four seasons (2018-21).
DEFENSE: DE MYLES GARRETT, CLEVELAND BROWNS
- Garrett recorded seven tackles and a franchise-record 4.5 sacks in Cleveland’s 26-6 win over Chicago.
- This marks the second Defensive Player of the Week award for Garrett (Week 4, 2020).
- He becomes the first Brown to win multiple Defensive Player of the Week awards since defensive end Courtney Brown (Week 5, 2003 and Week 3, 2000).
SPECIAL TEAMS: K JUSTIN TUCKER, BALTIMORE RAVENS
- Tucker converted four of five field goals, including an NFL-record 66-yard field goal as time expired to defeat Detroit, 19-17.
- This is the 12th-career Special Teams Player of the Week award for Tucker:
- 2013: Week 10, 12, 15
- 2014: Week 3
- 2015: Week 4, 8
- 2016: Week 12
- 2018: Weeks 3, 17
- 2019: Weeks 5, 6
- 2021: Week 3
- He is now tied with Jason Hanson (12) and Matt Prater (12) for the third-most all-time by a kicker. Only Adam Vinatieri (19) and John Carney (13) have earned the honor more.